Help Keep our Library Open!
Welcome to the Friends of the Lincoln Public Library Web Site. The Friends support library programs
at the Twelve Bridges Library through funding and volunteers.
Join the Friends and become a volunteer. The library dependent on volunteers to
assist staff and will be even more dependent on dedicated volunteers in the next fiscal year.
The Lincoln Council declared a proclamation making October 2012, Friends of the Lincoln Library Month.
Here is a copy of the proclamation.
Book Donations important to FOLLís successful programs.
Bring donations to the service entrances of the 12 Bridges Library.
- Ring Bell
- Volunteer Will Help
Having trouble finding Friends website? Save to your browser's Favorites now. Links can also be found on
Lincoln Library's website and City of Lincoln's Services page.
Follow us on Facebook
|Friends of the Library Board Meeting
||Tues.,April. 9, 2 P.M. in the Fir Room, Twelve Bridges Library.|
||April 13 (1-4) Lincolnís Twelve Bridges Library |
|Free family movie night
|April 20th, doors open 5:30, Twelve Bridges Library|
||Tuesday-Thursdays and Saturdays |
- Work with staff to develop and present literary programs for children and adults
- Sponsor monthly Open Mic programs
- Assist Library Director in organizing author presentations
- Raise funds for programs and library requests
- Shelve/box donated books
- Sort donated books for use in library or for daily and yearly book sales
- Keep sale shelf in library stocked
- Staff book sales
- Search for and write grants
- Make presentations
- Organize yearly membership drive
- Prepare materials for mailing
- Write newsletter
- Maintain bulletin board
- Collect and bank sale money
- Prepare yearly budget
- Purchase supplies and materials
- Help with Books in the Courtyard program
- Haul books and supplies to and from Books in the Courtyard
- Keep track of membership
- Prepare writings for the web page
- Design and print flyers
- Place flyers in local businesses